I have been using Jungle Scout for 4 years now, and use it extensively in my product research. Therefore I feel like I am qualified to write an honest review about this piece of software from a real users perspective. I also know some of the downsides of the tool, which I will cover here as well.
Jungle Scout Discount 2020
Purpose of Jungle Scout
Before we continue this review I feel like it is important to let you know how I use Jungle Scout and what I want out of a tool like this. When doing my product research, and come across a product idea on Amazon, I want to have all required data to determine if this is a suitable product in 1 overview.
So right away, I want to see:
- How many sales are the top sellers making?
- How many reviews do they have & how is their rating?
- Are their listings optimised?
- How much fee is Amazon taking?
- Is the market seasonal / trendy?
Based on this info I will be able to make a decision if I want to do further research on this product, or move on to the next one. I usually only spend around a couple minutes on this moment, so I can check as many products as possible. Therefore it is extremely important for me to have a tool that can give me all this info right away.
JungleScout Pro vs Lite
The JungleScout comes in 2 versions: Pro & Lite. The Lite version is pretty basic but will cover the most important feature: estimating sales.
Other than that the Lite version doesn’t really do much more. These are the extra features that come with the Pro version:
- FBA Fee estimator
- Opportunity Score
- Historical Monthly Sales
- Sales Item profit calculator
- Dimension & weight of item
Since I am running JS Pro I will continue this review with the Pro version.
Jungle Scout Features
So this is how Jungle Scout looks: This screen will pop-up when you click on the Chrome extension when you are on an Amazon page. Below I will cover the features I think are the most important.
- [PRO] Opportunity score: This is JS pretty much doing my job lol. It will straight away tell me if it is a good or bad product with high/low demand & competition. However, I still like to double check this myself with the following steps:
- Sales & Revenue: For me the most important info. Right away I can see how many sales & revenue the first page is doing.
- Review & Rating: After determining that the niche has enough volume I glance over the amount of reviews & ratings they have.
- [PRO] Fee’s & net pay-out: Now that we have established it is a high volume, low competition product, we want to check the profitability. Beforehand I do a price check on Alibaba and know the production cost. So after a quick look at the fee’s & net pay-out I can check if I can sell the product with a decent profit or not.
- [PRO] Historical Monthly Sales: I also want to know if it is a trendy / seasonal product. By clicking on the sales numbers. This will pop-up another windows that shows the Historical Monthly Sales.
As you can see I have highlighted which of these features are in the Pro Version only. Honestly I don’t think everybody needs the Pro version. Many of the Pro features you can do manually as well. For example you can do step 4 by entering the ASIN in Amazon’s FBA Calculator. And step 5 by entering the ASIN at CamelCamelCamel.com. This will give your roughly the same info you need. However, you can image how much extra time this will take per product. Personally I like to check as many potential products, in the shortest timeframe. So for me the Pro version is an excellent fit. This way I can cover all 5 steps with 1 program, and have all information I need in 1 clear overview. However, if you are just starting out the Lite version will still give you most important feature you need: estimating sales.
Accuracy of Sales Estimator
IMO the sales estimator is the core feature of Jungle Scout. I use this all the time to get an estimate if a potential product is selling or not. So the accuracy of this estimator is extremely important. I always felt this software is pretty accurate, but never really put it to the test. For this review I will take the sales number for some of my own products and compare them to the sales estimator from JungleScout.
|Actual Sales||Jungle Scout Estimate||Jungle Scout Accuracy|
|Product 1 (High Demand)||483||469||97%|
|Product 2 (Medium Demand)||221||208||94%|
|Product 3 (Low Demand)||135||121||90%|
What we conclude from this little test is that Jungle Scout is very accurate on high & medium volume products: 97% – 94% accuracy. However, on low volume products it seems to undervalue the estimated sales by a bit more and has a 90% accuracy. This is probably because this low volume product only have 3 sales per day on average. So some days 0 sales and some days 7 sales, which is very hard to estimate.
Need Help with Product Research?
I have a Beginner Product Research Tutorial here. This tutorial will show you the basic checklist of what to look for when picking the right niche!
I also have an Advanced Tutorial in the form of an E-Book. Here I will show you 3 unique product research methods I use myself when doing product research!
You can grab a Free Sample of My E-Book if you drop you e-mail below!
Jungle Scout UK
Yes! Jungle Scout also works on the UK market: Amazon.co.uk. It will work on all European marketplaces, and also some other major Amazon markets:
- Amazon.com (US)
- Amazon.co.uk (UK)
- Amazon.de (Germany)
- Amazon.ca (Canada)
- Amazon.fr (France)
- Amazon.in (India)
- Amazon.com.mx (Mexico)
- Amazon.it (Italy)
- Amazon.es (Spain)
See below for the Garlic Press niche on Amazon UK:
- The tool gives me all the required info in 1 clear overview.
- Very accurate on medium – high volume products.
- Able to see sales data history.
- Directly view Amazon fee’s.
- Not that accurate on low volume products.
- Only works with Chrome browser.
So yeah, I am a big time user of Jungle Scout and will continue to do so until a more accurate tool comes around.
You have the option to pay per month or per year for the Jungle Scout Chrome Extension. If you know you are serious about selling on Amazon you can save a lot of money by going for the yearly pricing. However, if you not sure about it and just want to try it out, then the monthly pricing is probably best for you.
Monthly: $39 per month.
$228 Yearly ($19/mo): $159 per year ($13/mo) = 30% Jungle Scout Discount
So yeah if you use the discount link and pay per year you will only pay $13 per month, which is’t that bad.
They also have the bundle discounts where you get:
The Jungle Scout WebApp has a lot more features but most important a huge database to help you with product research. Which I have covered in this review.
If you are just starting out, I’d say this is the best offer: 3 months is the perfect amount of time to do your product research & find a unique niche. With both the Web App & Chrome Extension this should be a piece of cake.
Jungle Scout Discount Coupon Code 2020